Terms and conditions for participating in the SNS
By taking part in this activity, you understand the risks involved in urban skating and is willing to be responsible for your own safety, and will not hold WeSkate or its staff responsible in any circumstance pertaining to injuries/unfortunate accidents or death occurring from the activity . You agree to comply with the necessary instructions as briefed to you before and during the activity.
Protective gears can help prevent injury to our joints and head. Wrist pads, Elbow pads, Knee pads and Helmet are strongly recommended
Blinking lights can help alert vehicles and other pedestrians. A torch is recommended to spot things on the ground in dark areas.
Foldable umbrella or raincoat can come in handy during wet weather situations. A large plastic bag can be used to keep your skates dry. Stay away from trees when lightning is imminent.
Wear something light and comfortable. Bright colours make you more visible to drivers and vehicles.
Basic first aid items, for e.g. bandages, plasters, etc can be useful. Basic first aid skills and CPR knowledge can come in handy and please apply your knowledge if you are trained.
1. Keep your eyes on the ground to avoid hazards like cracks, raised surfaces, wet or sandy patches, fallen twigs or seeds.
2. Alert the skater behind you when you spot a hazard.
3. Slow down early when going down long slopes instead of rushing down.
4. Always cross roads at designated crossings only and obey traffic rules.
5. Do not cause any disturbance to other road users or pedestrians.
6. Keep a lookout for fellow skaters and help anyone in need.
7. Always highlight to pedestrians when overtaking or passing by them.